The following projects have been funded by OZWAC over the last ten years:
There are many more valuable projects we have worked on and they will be added to this new website very soon.
OZWAC is a community run charity foundation that aims to improve the wellbeing of women and children by specifically supporting and promoting research into pregnancy and birthing as well as infants health. OZWAC has helped to establish the Nepean Centre for Perinatal Care (NCPC) based at Nepean Hospital.
The NCPC is an institution of The University of Sydney which promotes education and research in perinatal medicine. Funding for all research projects by OZWAC will be conducted through the NCPC.
When funding is available calls for applications will be advertised through this website, at which time applications can then be lodged. Funding will include:
1. Research projects
2. Research equipment
Requested funding should not exceed $15,000.
- The Chief Investigators must hold an academic affiliation with the Nepean Clinical School.
- The research project must be conducted in western Sydney.
- Research equipment must be based at Nepean Hospital. All projects must be endorsed by the Associate Dean, acknowledging that the application does not cover work already being funded otherwise.
- The release of funding is subject to Ethics approval.
- Salaries for chief investigators.
- Travel and conference expenses incurred by the chief investigator, associate investigators or overseas visitors.
- Basic office or laboratory supplies.
- Additional costs associated with personnel such as superannuation, indemnity, or any other benefits which would exceed initially approved funding.
- Ongoing maintenance and service costs for equipment.
- Publications costs.
- Projects will be selected on the basis of their scientific merit. Applications must be relevant to the aims of the Foundation promoting women and children’s health.
- All items of equipment purchased for grants become the property of the Nepean Clinical School and must be recorded in the Assets Registrar of the University.
- Funded projects are subject to the submission of an annual progress report and final report at completion.
- Successful Grant holders are to acknowledge the Foundation in any publication arising from their sponsored research. They are also expected to assist the Foundation by presenting their research results when requested and appropriate.
STEPS OF THE APPROVAL PROCESS
Contact the Administration Officer at the NCPC to ascertain if funds for research projects or equipment are currently available.
Scientific Committee to assess the scientific merit based on originality, feasibility, track record of Chief Investigator and potential for this project to obtain future competitive funding.
Approval letter from Ethics Committee to be received prior to the release of funding.
Download and complete the Application Package including the Sydney Research Proposal Clearance Form (PDF File 1.2MB)
Recommendation by the Scientific Committee to the Board of Directors of OZWAC.
Submission of application to the Administration Officer and checked to be compliant with the OZWAC application guidelines.
Decision by the Board of Directors of OZWAC.